This year’s Senior Resource Fair went virtual, with presentations about resources you can access online about arts and culture, exercise and meditation, and job search for people over 50. Click on the links below for full video of the events.
ARTS AND CULTURE
Tuesday, October 13th from 2 pm – 3:30 pm
Join us at the theater, at a lecture, and a concert, look at art in the museum, and attend class at the University.
– Carnegie Hall
– DOROT- University Without Walls, On Site and special programs
– The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
– Theatre Development Fund
– The Streicker Center at Temple Emanu-El
EXERCISE AND MEDITATION
Wednesday, October 14th from 2 pm – 3:30 pm
Put on some comfortable clothes to exercise and meditate, and find out about programs designed to keep us healthy and to reduce stress
– Asphalt Green
– Lenox Hill Neighborhood House – learn about the Simonson Technique, an organic approach to movement
– Health Advocates for Older People – learn about how to exercise with arthritis
Thursday, October 15th 2 pm – 3:30 pm
Finding a job is never easy, and it’s even harder for individuals over 50, especially during the time of COVID. We are continuing our partnership with the Business Center at the New York Public Library to help you hone your job search skills. Topics include establishing the right mindset for the job search, creating an effective resume, and refining your interviewing skills.